Blackman Lecturership Fund
Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
Amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 1 August 2022 (Gazette, Vol. 152, p. 488-489, 7 July 2022)
1. The Board of the Department of Biology shall be the Board of Management of the G.E. Blackman Lecturership Fund.
2. The departmental committee of the Department of Biology, acting on behalf of the board, shall appoint a committee to carry out the provisions of regulation 3 below, subject to such conditions as the board may lay down. The committee shall consist of the Sibthorpian Professor of Plant Science ex officio and up to six persons representative of agricultural crop, animal, and soil science. The elected members shall hold office for three years and shall be re-eligible.
3. The income from the fund shall be used to provide an annual lecture to be called the G.E. Blackman Lecture, to be given on some aspect of the application of science to Agriculture.
4. Income not expended in any year shall be carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
5. Council shall have power to alter these regulations from time to time, provided that the main object of the fund (namely, to promote the study of Agricultural Science within the University) is kept in view.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below