1. The University accepts with deep gratitude the moneys offered by News International plc for the provision of a Rupert Murdoch Professorship of Language and Communication.
2. The Rupert Murdoch Professor of Language and Communication shall lecture and give instruction in Language and Communication.
3. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Provost of Worcester College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Provost of Worcester College, or, if the Provost is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Worcester College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Worcester College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council, one of whom shall be appointed after consultation with News International plc;
(6) a person appointed by the Humanities Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of English Language and Literature.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.